Friday, December 6, 2013

Sharon Rose Mierke......by Joyce Oroz



   cozycatpress.com

Author Sharon Rose Mierke lives in a small community in Manitoba, Canada. She and her husband have four children and four grandchildren. They spend some of the winter in Galveston, Texas, which has become their second home. Ms. Rose writes the Parson's Cove Cozy Mystery series. The four books include Slip and Go DiePerplexity on P 1/2Calamity @ the Carwash, and her latest, Save as Murder, published
by cozycatpress.comHer book, Virtual Enemies is also a mystery. The very talented Ms. Mierke has written a very successful historical fiction book, Sarah's Valley, published under the name Sharon Mierke.
It gives me goose bumps to interview such an accomplished writer.  
Here is wonderful Sharon in her own words.

Sharon, what made you decide to be a writer?
My mother was a writer and poet so it seemed the natural course for me to take. As a child, I remember the excitement she experienced when she had a story or poem published. I always thought that some day, when I found the time, I would become a writer.
What do you like about writing and what bugs you?
I love creating characters! Your imagination knows no bounds. What bugs me? - Not being able to type fast enough to keep up with that imagination.
Do you write anything other than novels?
As most writers, I started out with short stories. After having several published, I decided to launch into novels. I have never really enjoyed reading short stories so I found it quite frustrating to write them. I guess I have too much to say!

Is your protagonist anything like you?
I definitely hope not; however, I am sure we are somewhat alike. Mabel Wickles tends to be outspoken and can be quite judgmental. She does have some endearing qualities though - she has a soft spot for cats (as do I) and if she makes a friend, she keeps that friend for a lifetime.
 What do you do when you are not writing?
We are blessed with four wonderful grandchildren and we have a large back yard - need I say more? I also do volunteer work every week, spending time with two amazing women. One is 98 years old and as sharp as a whip; the other, is a young woman just over from China. I read the Bible to my elderly friend and teach English to the other. She is definitely learning English faster than I am learning Chinese!

Where can we find your wonderful books?
You can find my books on amazon.com or check out my Sharon Rose page at:
http://www.amazon.com/Sharon-Rose/e/B00BL8HTZY/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0



No comments:

Post a Comment