Monday, December 23, 2013

Andrea Currie Crafts.......by Joyce Oroz

Today I want to wish everyone a happy Christmas and a crafty new year.

To help make all your crafty wishes come true, I have a book--the book for the new or used crafter person. I happened onto THE CRAFTER'S BOOK OF CLEVER IDEAS by Andrea and Cliff Currie because I went to the doughnut shop to see my friends and while I was salivating over a plate of doughnut holes, a friend gave me a Christmas present. By the feel of the package I knew it was a book, but a crafter's book? OMG it is the neatest book full of awesome craft techniques for handmade projects. Believe me, the stuff in this book is nothing like the old days when the Brownie troop glued glitter to pine cones and Ms. Woolsey to her chair. Andrea and Cliff Currie actually know what they are doing and pass it on to you with clear instructions and great pictures. She shows you how to make resin eggs for your key chain--he makes resin bacon. She makes a tie-dye and glitter party hat--he makes a 32-bit party hat. He makes a color wash lazy Susan--she makes a bubbly serving tray. And so it goes. 
How would you like to make and then decorate a solar phone charger that hangs on the wall?
Andrea and Cliff Currie give you 25 fun projects with his and hers variations for a total of 50 unique gift giving and craft party ideas. Try clever techniques with a wide range of materials, including glitter, glass, felt and glue gun resin. Create everything from a cactus pal that'll hide your personal items to a magnetic dino board for holding all your messages. Pick projects to make at parties or throw your own shindig with the mosaic partyware, confetti popper and booby-trapped gifts! There's something for every occasion with plenty left over for crafting fun at home.

Look for Andrea on 
Craft-Tastic LIVE and her newest creative lifestyle blog Hand MAKE My Day. 

The Crafter's Book of Clever Ideas can be found on Amazon.

The end to this story is, I did not eat one single doughnut hole--but I did lust for them.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment