Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Frank is Artist of the Month..........by Joyce Oroz




May is here and the excitement is building.
The Dragonfly Gallery pick of “Artist of the Month” for the month of May is Frank Romero, a young and enthusiastic AHA member and a wonderful artist. Even though Frank is only twenty-eight years old, he has been painting for eleven years and is fully committed to his work. He is not afraid to explore new techniques and ways of creating texture under the acrylic paint he uses. His canvases do not go unnoticed by the public. They are full of life and color, shape and texture. When I see Frank—talk to Frank about his artwork, I know he has found his calling in life. Many of the paintings reflect the joy he feels. The subjects of Frank’s paintings range from abstract to Fine Feature Cartoon Characters to landscapes to animals, birds and fish. Many of his works send a message, usually about cleaning up the planet. This Aromas artist is going places if you ask me!

Here is Frank in his own words:
….art is my life. It puts a smile on my face and makes me feel great, and hopefully other people as well. I'm planning to do more landscape painting this year. In art you can do whatever you want, and that is my work process as well. One day I might feel like playing with color, having fun splashing paint. The next day I might feel like doing a fine line sharp edge, clean cut painting. So some of my work can take days, months, even years before I paint on it again to finish it. I have about 28 unfinished canvases, maybe more. And I have about 160 unfinished Acrylic and Collage on paper paintings to finish, and a whole lot more for the years to come.

Thank you, Frank for discussing your work methods with us.
Frank will have a wonderful collection of paintings at the Dragonfly Gallery (380 Blohm Ave., Aromas) through the month of May.
Saturday, May 18th the public is invited to a “meet and greet” at the gallery 2:00 to 4:00.
Stop by and someday you will be able to say, “I knew Frank when he was just getting started.”

No comments:

Post a Comment