Thursday, June 4, 2015

Author Lynna Banning .........by Joyce Oroz



Today I want to introduce you to an authoress friend of mine, 
Lynna Banning. She’s smart, hardworking and very successful.
 Her historical romantic novels are inspiring to say the least! 
Ten years ago when I aspired to be an author, 
despite having no apparent knowledge, ability or training, 
I went to Lynna with my first chapter. 
Being an honest-to-goodness editor and author, 
she tore it to pieces. She ripped out whole paragraphs, 
slashed my cutesy clichés with a red pencil and asked me 
if I was writing for a lark. She wrote comments, 
corrections and concerns all over my hard work. 
It felt like Mohammad Ali had smacked me
 in the chin. Fortunately I had enough sense to know 
she was right. I put aside my hurt feelings and concentrated 
on the great service Lynna had done for me. 
She taught me in one chapter what all my teachers never 
came close to teaching. 
It was tough love, and ten years and six books later I am 
still so very thankful to this great lady—great author!

 Lynna Banning

Lynna Banning was born in Oregon, but has lived in Northern California 
most of her life. She embarked on her first career as an editor and technical 
writer for Stanford Research Institute and later for Lockheed. She also 
taught English and journalism at Santa Cruz High School. After 30-plus 
years as professional editor, in 1993 she retired early, and began 
writing fiction. Her first novel, Western Rose, was published by 
Harlequin Historicals in 1996. In 2007, she published her first medieval, 
Crusader's Lady, set during the Third Crusade, a departure from the Westerns 
for which she is well known. She combines a lifelong love of history and 
literature into a satisfying career as a writer. Currently Lynna lives in Felton, 
near Roaring Camp in the Santa Cruz Mountains, 
with her two canaries. An amateur pianist and harpsichordist,
 she performs on psaltery, harp, and recorders with two medieval music 
groups and coaches ensembles in her spare time.

 Congratulations, Lynna on your newest book, the 25th!

Thief of My Heart

Historical Romance
Jan-2015
At the turbulent 12th century court of Queen Eleanor 
of Aquitaine, Sir Thomas Lynford, the queen's champion 
knight, is summoned to catch the jewel thief who is 
robbing the queen's wealthy, titled courtiers. 
His promised reward is marriage to the richest 
heiress in England.

 

The Lone Sheriff

Historical Romance
Sep-2014
Harlequin Historical - 1199
A WOMAN DETECTIVE? NOT ON HIS WATCH! 
As if tracking down train robbers wasn't hard enough, 
now Sheriff Jericho Silver's backup has arrived, and
 she's a gun-toting, head-turning beauty. She sure 
spells trouble. Madison O'Donnell had the 
perfect life -- a beautiful home and all the ladies.


No comments:

Post a Comment