Sunday, May 3, 2015

Ketchup and Mustard......by Joyce Oroz

Since the Aromas Garden Tour is less than a week away, I thought I would drop a little Ketchup and Mustard your way. This is "rose-talk" for a gorgeous floribunda rose, just three years old, created in San Francisco, city of opposites with ideals as different as fire and water, ketchup and mustard. Apparently the Ketchup and Mustard rose likes our coastal climate and grows well in the Aromas area.

Yesterday I attended the annual Rose Show at Aladin's Nursery in Corralitos  where Tomi Edmiston won first prize for her home-grown Ketchup and Mustard rose arrangement. No condiments were used. This amazing rose variety flaunts it's redness on the up-side of every petal as mustard-yellow appears on the under-side. Kinda like that reversible jack I loved and wore so much.
Congratulations, Tomi!


I recently previewed the Aromas gardens for this year's tour, May 9th. Almost every garden features a fair number of rose bushes. 
I'll be waiting to see you in garden #3.







Here is a clue to my newest book in the
Josephine Stuart Mystery series

No comments:

Post a Comment