Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Brother's Day.........poem by Joyce Riley

This poem by Joyce Riley pulls me away from myself, tells me to be aware of my brother, all brothers, happy, hurting or fallen brothers. Sisters, your brothers need you, your thoughts, your prayers. Sisters naturally cluster and clatter and share while brothers are silent. A visit, a call, a card can break the silence and warm his heart. Happy brother's day--everyday!





ATTENTION
By Joyce Riley

I wasn’t in the moment.

My mind was off the grid.

When I turned the blender on,

I forgot the lid.

As you can guess, there was a mess

Splattered everywhere.

Now, my intention is to be

More present and aware.
                                        
                                             Rest in peace, Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment